1. Carry out the dosage for wet disinfection
according to manufacturer’s instructions.
2. Adhere to the usage directions of equipment
manufacturers of autoclaves, hot air and ultrasound.
3. Sterilize brand-new instruments before first
4. Treat regularly with silicone oil, even if you
have been told something different.
5. Sterilization is not a substiute for
cleanliness. Instruments must be cleaned beforehand!
6. No stainless steel instrument tolerates
sterilization above 240 grad celsius!
7. Excessive temperatures soften the delicate tips.
Specific characteristics are then blue discolorations.
8. The tips of the nippers don’t cut anymore, they
bend apart V-shaped. This is almost always a sign of steel
tempering or for a very fine nipper with too strong a
Conceivable would also be defective workmanship during
manufacturing, during grinding, polishing (high heat) or
improper re-grinding by inexpert scissors grinders.
9. To prevent damages at the cutting edge of the
nippers (as unfortunately it continually happens), in no
case should one remove the cuts which are loosened with
difficulty from the hand with a nipper. The considerably
harder (Fräsenstahl) cutter steel immediately pinches
holes into the nipper cutting edge.
Here are only 2 possibilities:
- tool holder maintenance
- preferably a pair of pliers from the tool box